- • No halogenated flame retardants are used in the cabinet.
- • Lead-free glass for the lens.
- • Standby power consumption of only 0.08 W has been achieved.
- • A sleep-timer that reduces wasteful power consumption.
All Panasonic projectors comply with the standards of the RoHS Directive.
- What is RoHS?
- RoHS is the acronym for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the European Union and restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic products. All applicable products in the EU market after July 1, 2006 must pass RoHS compliance.
- What are the restricted materials mandated under RoHS?
- The substances banned under RoHS are lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (CrVI), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
- Why is RoHS compliance important?
- The restricted materials are hazardous to the environment and pollute landfills, and are dangerous in terms of occupational exposure during manufacturing and recycling.